HDB agency has set specific standards for the construction, renovation and maintenance of HDB floors. According to the regulations, HDB interior design in Singapore must be carried out within the rules set by the nodal agency.
Generally, floor repairs must be carried out in accordance with the instructions established by the respective residents’ social security association. These rules are based on structural safety, protection of common areas, prevention of noise and air pollution and other factors. Contemporary hdb design requires strict adherence to the principles set forth by the wellness association when performing HDB Interior Design in Singapore.
An interior designer who takes on such tasks must be well versed in HDB standards. This will allow the designer to work within the parameters set by the nodal agency. Of course, doing interior design work in accordance with HDB standards is challenging, but not impossible. The following suggestions will help you cope with this difficult task:
- When doing HDB Interior Design in Singapore, you need to make sure that the work does not cause inconvenience to neighbors. Renovations must be carried out within the specified hours as indicated in the recommendations of the wellness association. The designer must strictly adhere to all safety rules prescribed by the Residents’ Social Security Association.
- In some cases, the association may require the resident to pay a certain fee or fees prior to carrying out repairs. You need to make sure that the agency doing the job has sufficient experience in performing this type of work in HDB apartments.
- An agency that deals with HDB interior design in Singapore must have sufficient qualified, experienced and trained technicians. They must use the most modern equipment that enables them to do their jobs efficiently.
- The interior designer must choose appropriate colors and contrasts for walls, mattresses, carpets and other materials. Furniture should provide the comfort you and your family members need. Choose furniture that is more functional. For example, you can choose a crib with drawers at the bottom. In general, furniture should be designed to enhance the functionality of the interior.
- Choose elegant tiles and rugs for your floor. Lighting should be modified to save a reasonable amount of money on your electricity bills. In short, an HDB interior should enhance functionality as well as contribute to the aesthetic beauty of a building’s interior.
- Always outsource HDB building interiors to licensed contractors. You should also make sure that the contractor has taken out the proper insurance policy for their workers. On top of that, the HDB interior designer must use the highest quality raw materials. The designer should ensure that the work is carried out under the supervision of experienced technicians.