Technology is advancing every single day at this point. The world wakes up to innovations every day. So naturally, modern technology has found its way to homes as well. This is called smart home automation. It is a generalized term for programming technologies in the house connected to a central hub via the wifi to be accessed while at home or away. The central hub here is the device used to control everything, i.e., phone, laptop, or tablet.
Working of smart home automation
It incorporates the following elements.
- Personal devices
- Security system
- Appliances like refrigerator, washing machines, garage door opening system
- Environment control systems like air conditioners, heating systems, lights
- Entertainment system
To control these elements when at home or even when away from home, specialized devices are needed. Right now, the most popular ones include ZigBee, Lutron, and Wink.
Pros of home automation
Like every new technology, it has numerous benefits that make human life easier. Notable benefits are as follows.
- Enhanced security – There is a varied range of smart security systems in the market. These allow the owner to lock and unlock the doors from the centralized hub itself. The primary objective of this is to avoid thefts and avoid anyone entering the house without the owner’s consent. This adds to the safety aspect of smart homes.
- Reduction in the electricity and heating bills – Automation helps save money by reducing the electricity and heating bills. The owner can adjust the temperature according to the requirement and turn off the lights without getting up. They can also program these appliances to turn off on their own when the room or the house is empty.
- Extra comfort – Who wouldn’t want the temperature to be ambient when they return home after a tiring day? Everyone would love that. They can also ask the voice assistant to play a song of their choice and turn on/off the light when in bed.
- Control everything when away from home – This is perhaps the biggest advantage. Smart home automation allows the owner to control all the devices, appliances, etc., even when they’re out of town.
Despite a few controversies, smart home automation is a life-changing technology. It makes life more comfortable and pleasant. This fact is justified by its increasing popularity as people are accepting the change.